Thursday, April 7, 2011

Black soap


I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin and as I've gotten older it has become worse!!! When I was a teen, if I got a pimple, I would just put some benzoyl peroxide on it and it would go away. Now my pimples automatically scar. It is so annoying! Since I try to be as natural as possible when it comes to my skin, I decided to revisit black soap. The first time I tried it, my face acted a fool. But later I found out that black soap isn't actually black. The one I bought was so evidently some dye and additives were added which were likely the culprits of the bad reaction. I did a bit of research and now know what REAL black soap should include regarding the ingredients. Shea, coconut oil, palm oil, cocoa, plantain, and a few other extracts are ingredients in real black soap. So, I purchased two different types. One was







AAAshea black soap, which only has 4 ingredients: Shea, coconut oil, palm oil, and cocoa potash (alkaline).

I also purchased Dr. Woods black soap because the reviews were very good. It has a lot more ingredients but had many more reviews than the AAAshea and is cheaper.



I am using the AAAshea first, and my skin felt so tight and clean after I used it which I loved. Also, not much was needed to cause a nice lather. I actually squirted a little in my hand and it was way too much! I think a dime sized amount would suffice. I may have used a nickel sized amount initially. Anyway, I'm hoping to have great results from one or both of these!


No comments: